- 1/2 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- Mazola® Corn Oil for deep frying
- Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Crushed Red Pepper
How to Make It
MIX corn starch, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in shallow bowl; set aside. Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy. Place coconut in a separate shallow bowl.
DREDGE chicken tenders in corn starch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
HEAT 2 to 3 inches of oil in a deep pot over medium heat to 350°F. Add chicken to the hot oil in batches. Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain.
SERVE hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
To make Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce: Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.