To make these easy, stylish appetizers, use domestic red, black, or golden caviar or fish roe, or some of each, for visual contrast. Crisp filo pastry shells, about 1 inch in diameter, are available in well-stocked supermarkets.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 35
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 1.1g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 2.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- About 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 packages (2.1 oz. each) frozen small filo pastry shells, thawed (see notes)
- About 4 ounces caviar or other fish roe (see notes)
- Fresh chervil leaves or small sprigs fresh dill (optional), rinsed
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon sour cream into each filo shell, then 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caviar. If desired, garnish each tartlet with a leaf of chervil or a small sprig of dill.
- Nutritional analysis per tartlet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note