Cavatoni Chicken Eggplant Francesca
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split, boned, and skinned
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Red Gravy Sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 (12-ounce) package vermicelli
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12-ounce) package mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Place each chicken breast half on waxed paper; flatten to 1/4- inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic or paper bag; shake to mix. Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag; shake well. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; sauté over medium heat 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain; reserve oil in skillet. Marinate chicken in Red Gravy Sauce 10 minutes.
- Sauté eggplant in reserved oil until golden brown on both sides; drain and set aside.
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly over vermicelli. Place chicken breasts over mushrooms, and cover with sauce. Top with eggplant and cheese slices. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes