Cavatelli with Broccoli and Sausage
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.60
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 555
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Sodium: 791mg
- 8 ounces cavatelli or other shell-shaped pasta
- 1 large (1 1/2 lb.) head broccoli
- 8 ounces mild sausage meat
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water before draining; set aside. Pour pasta into a colander to drain; do not rinse.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Trim and peel stalks and slice crosswise, 1/3-inch thick.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring and breaking meat into bite-sized pieces, until crispy and browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add broccoli, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to pan and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer pasta, sausage, broccoli and broth to a large bowl, then toss well. (Add reserved cooking water from pasta as necessary for moisture.) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes