- 1 pound cavatelli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, coarsely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Paprika, Smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1 jar (10 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
How to Make It
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add sausage and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and lightly browned. Add smoked paprika, sea salt and thyme; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add roasted red peppers, chicken broth, raisins, capers and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until heated through.
Pour drained pasta into skillet. Toss to mix well. Serve immediately.
This recipe was created by Chef Richard Blais, owner of Trail Blais and Flip Burger Boutique and a finalist on season four of Bravo's Top Chef, for the McCormick® Gourmet Collection.
Nutrition information per serving
Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Protein: 20 g
Sodium: 768 mg
Carbohydrates: 71 g
Fiber: 4 g