- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- 2 slices applewood-smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 4 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded fontina cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- calories 500
- fat 15.5 g
- satfat 8.4 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 24.7 g
- carbohydrate 65.2 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 755 mg
- calcium 328 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 250°.
Combine first 3 ingredients on a lightly sprayed jelly-roll pan. Bake at 250° for 3 hours. Preheat broiler.
Bring 6 quarts water to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt and pasta; cook 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
Cook bacon in a saucepan; remove. Cook onion in drippings 4 minutes. Add flour and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup milk. Gradually add 3 cups milk; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes. Stir in cheeses. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, bacon, tomatoes, and chives. Add pasta. Divide among 8 (10-ounce) lightly sprayed ramekins. Combine panko and butter; sprinkle over pasta. Broil 5 minutes.