Cavatappi with Cilantro-Pistachio Pesto
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into small (1/2- to 3/4 -inch) florets (about 6 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and then cut on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick
- 7 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 lb. cavatappi
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 475°F. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Put the cauliflower and carrots on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbs. of the olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt and toss to coat. Roast for 10 minutes, stir, and continue roasting until tender and golden in spots, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, pulse the cilantro, pistachios, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the remaining 5 Tbs. oil and purée until the sauce is very smooth. Add the lemon juice and 3/4 tsp. salt and pulse to mix.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain well and return the pasta to the pot. Toss the warm pasta with the roasted vegetables and pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.
- serving suggestions
- Start the meal with an Escarole Salad with Olives and Garlic Croutons.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Calories (kcal): 460; Fat (g): 22; Fat Calories (kcal): 200; Saturated Fat (g): 3; Protein (g): 13; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 14; Carbohydrates (g): 54; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 3.5; Sodium (mg): 670; Cholesterol (mg): 0; Fiber (g): 7;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 115 , pp. 14
- December 29, 2011
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cavatappi with Cilantro-Pistachio Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes