Ah, I assume you're supposed to put the bacon back in, right? The recipe doesn't say to do that but it's there in the picture. Also, how can this be only 248 calories as written? The pasta alone would be 200/serving, and then you have bacon, cheese, corn all which have lots of calories. My recipe site calculated this as closer to 450 (including the salad mentioned in the instructions). Quite delicious, though!
Cavatappi with Bacon and Summer Vegetables
A light and flavorful pasta toss, accented with crumbled bacon, is a quick and easy dinner solution for any night of the week. Use whatever veggies you have on hand to add to the colorful dish. Serve with a mixed greens salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calcium: 203mg
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pan; add oil to drippings. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to tomato mixture; toss. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup cheese, basil, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Mixed greens salad: Combine 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon orange juice, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Whisk in 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Toss with 6 cups mixed salad greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note