Love this pasta dish! I made it with linguine tonight, it turned out excellent!
Cavatappi with Bacon and Summer Vegetables
A light and flavorful pasta toss, accented with crumbled bacon, is a quick and easy dinner solution for any night of the week. Use whatever veggies you have on hand to add to the colorful dish. Serve with a mixed greens salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calcium: 203mg
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pan; add oil to drippings. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to tomato mixture; toss. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup cheese, basil, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Mixed greens salad: Combine 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon orange juice, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Whisk in 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Toss with 6 cups mixed salad greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note