Cavatappi Salad with Roast Lamb
You can use any other short pasta for this salad, such as penne, rigatoni, or even farfalle.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Carbohydrate: 35.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 392mg
- Calcium: 152mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil; toss well to coat.
- Steam asparagus 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Add asparagus, roasted bell peppers, Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb, and remaining ingredients to pasta; toss well to combine. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note