This is a yummy, healthy soup. I subbed low sodium chicken broth and it still tastes great. I have made this twice, once using the blender method, and I will advise you that having an emulsion blender will save you tons of time! Prep takes at least 15 mins, and depending on how fast you can bring the pot to a boil, it's about 15 mins from boiling until potatoes and cauliflower are soft. Chop up smaller to help speed this up. I will make this again!
Cauliflower and Yukon Gold Soup
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 243mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 head (6 cups) cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- 1 pound (2 cups) cubed peeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 1/4 cups organic chicken broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and add the shallots. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add cauliflower and potatoes to stockpot. Cover with cold water. Turn heat to high, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook at a simmer, uncovered, until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove pot from heat and drain, reserving a few cups of the hot cooking liquid. Add butter, broth, salt, and pepper. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth. Add additional liquid as needed to reach desired consistency (fairly thin is recommended). To serve, ladle into warm bowls and drizzle each por-tion with a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes