- 6 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated and divided (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups leftover Cauliflower Salad
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless roast turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- calories 395
- fat 13.8 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 621 mg
- calcium 271 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until golden and most of liquid evaporates. Sprinkle flour over vegetables; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine. Add 1 cup chicken stock. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Add milk; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring almost constantly. Stir in 2 teaspoons thyme, salt, pepper, and 2 ounces Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
Place remaining 3/4 cup stock and Cauliflower Salad in a blender; process until smooth. Stir into sauce. Add turkey and pasta; toss to combine. Spoon into a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, panko, and remaining 1 teaspoon thyme in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir in remaining 1 ounce cheese; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly.