- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 3/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green olives (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large celery rib, sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 ounces provolone piccante, cut into small pieces
- Celery leaves (optional)
- calories 62
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 3 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 211 mg
- calcium 47 mg
How to Make It
Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan; fill pan with water up to but not touching the bottom of basket. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower florets; cover and steam 5 minutes or just until tender.
Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Add bell peppers, red onion, parsley, chopped olives, crushed red pepper, and celery; toss gently to combine.
Combine oil, juice, vinegar, black pepper, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently to combine.
Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour. (To serve chilled, refrigerate up to 4 hours.) Sprinkle with celery leaves, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.