Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" with Caramelized Onions / S. Crow
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 yellow onions halved and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat or skim milk
- 2 head(s) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1. In a deep, medium-size pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat and when hot, cook the onions very slowly until caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Add the milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When boiling, add the cauliflower, stir to mix, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 3. Remove the pot from the heat and add the butter, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4. Using a potato masher or heavy fork, mash the cauliflower thoroughly. (For a smoother consistency, puree the mixture in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.)
- 5. Reheat the mashed cauliflower gently over medium-low heat before serving.
- Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/06/28/3185286/sheryl-crows-cancer-diagnosis.html#tvg#ixzz1QsATd5tZ
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" with Caramelized Onions / S. Crow Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes