More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 565mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 7 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (14-ounce) cans vegetable broth, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven, and stir in juice. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add leek and salt; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes or until tender (do not brown), stirring occasionally. Combine leek and cauliflower.
- Place half of cauliflower mixture and 1 cup broth in a blender; process until smooth. Pour puréed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining cauliflower mixture and 1 cup broth.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in Dutch oven. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower puree and remaining broth. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pepper and nutmeg. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cauliflower-Leek Potage Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Soups/Stews