- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 lb.), separated into florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2/3 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and next 2 ingredients; sauté 10 minutes or until golden and just tender. Sprinkle with flour and next 2 ingredients; stir well. Remove from heat.
Spoon cauliflower mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish, and drizzle with cream. Sprinkle with Gruyère cheese and next 3 ingredients.
Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.