Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) cauliflower florets - 2 small heads
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) half and half
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Fontina cheese (3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh thyme or 1 t dried crushed thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 2/3 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- snipped fresh thyme, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 2 quart square baking dish; set aside. In a dutch oven, cook cauliflower in boiling lightly salted water about 5 minutes or just until tender; drain. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain again; set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in half-and-half and the 1/2 cup milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in Fontina cheese, the 1 T fresh thyme, the salt, the pepper.
- 3. Spread about 1 cup of the sauce evenly in the bottom of the prepared dish. Arrange cauliflower florets in an even layer in the baking dish. Spread the remaining sauce over the cauliflower.
- 4. Sprinkle gratin evenly with bread crumbs; drizzle evenly with olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. If desired, sprinkle with additional snipped fresh thyme.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cauliflower-Fontina Gratin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables