GREAT flavors! Easy to make - everyone loved it!
Cauliflower and Fennel Gratin
This dish is also beautiful baked in individual ramekins. Prep: 20 minutes, Cook: 9 minutes, Bake: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored, trimmed, and cut into 1/4-inch slices plus 1/2 cup chopped fronds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded GruyÃ¨re, ComtÃ©, or Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 450º. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add cauliflower, and sauté 4 minutes. Add fennel slices, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and nutmeg; add fennel fronds, and lightly toss together.
- 2. Spoon into a 2-quart gratin or baking dish. Pour cream over mixture. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- 3. Bake at 450º for 20 minutes or until top is browned and crispy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables