I made the dijon cider version. It was good and my kids even ate it. I'm definitely going to try the 3 other versions. Very quick and simple side dish!
Cauliflower and Fennel with Dijon-Cider Vinaigrette
This simple side of Cauliflower and Fennel with Dijon-Cider Vinaigrette may be just the ticket to get you past your childhood aversion to this veggie. The dijon-cider vinaigrette is what really seals the deal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- 1 cup sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh fennel fronds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; add cauliflower. Boil 5 minutes; add sliced fennel. Boil 1 minute or until cauliflower is crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cauliflower mixture; toss to coat.
- Warm Garlic-Anchovy: Boil 6 cups cauliflower florets 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 minced drained anchovy fillets, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a skillet over medium heat; cook 1 minute. Add cauliflower, 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind; toss. Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 113; FAT 9.5g (sat 1.4g); SODIUM 205mg
- Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette: Boil 6 cups cauliflower florets 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons minced shallots, 4 1/2 teaspoons rinsed and drained capers, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add cauliflower, tossing to coat. Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 113; FAT 9.4g (sat 1.3g); SODIUM 178mg
- Warm Curry: Boil 6 cups cauliflower florets 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup olive oil; swirl to coat. Sauté 1/2 cup chopped onion 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger, cauliflower, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander. Cook 2 minutes. Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 114; FAT 9.3g (sat 1.3g); SODIUM 153mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note