It was an easy recipe, but my family agreed it was bland. Unless I figure out what is missing, I don't think I would make it again.
This creamy Cauliflower-Cheese Soup will have your family yearing for more. This soup is simple and easy, and just right on those cold nights.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 388mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp or extra sharp white Cheddar
- Croutons, for serving, optional
- 1. In a large pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender. Return soup to clean pot; stir in milk and mustard. Bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with additional cheese or croutons, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note