- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1 (10-ounce) peeled baking potato, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 large shallots, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- calories 305
- fat 17.5 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 8.8 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 11.7 g
- carbohydrate 26.8 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 569 mg
- calcium 194 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare cakes, place cauliflower, potato, and shallots on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over vegetables; toss. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Place cauliflower mixture in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until chopped. Scrape mixture into a bowl. Add fontina, thyme, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and egg, stirring well.
Combine panko and Parmigiano-Reggiano in a shallow dish. Using wet hands, shape cauliflower mixture into 8 (1-inch-thick) patties; dredge in panko mixture. Place patties on baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned, turning once.
To prepare sauce, combine sour cream and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl.
To prepare salad, combine arugula, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons oil, and juice; toss well to coat. Place 1 cup arugula mixture on each of 4 plates; top with 2 cakes and 1 tablespoon herb sauce.