Cauliflower Au Gratin
Community Recipe from
- 1 (1-lb.) bag(s) frozen cauliflower florets, or 1 pound fresh
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 4 (1/2 stick) tablespoon(s) butter, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the cauliflower in a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Add the water to the cauliflower. Cover and cook on high for 8 to 10 minutes, until very soft. Drain cauliflower and place in the work bowl of a food processor. Add butter, egg yolks, and cheese. Process until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop mixture back into casserole dish, shape surface into peaks, and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned.
- To make "Tater" Tots: Place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip, or put mixture in a large resealable bag and snip off a corner. Pipe cauliflower mixture in 1-inch lengths onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned. Makes 50 tots.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note