- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 small round pumpernickel bread (1 lb.)
- 1 (8 oz.) bag pretzel rods
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- calories 239
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- sodium 544 mg
How to Make It
Halve and pit avocados. Mash flesh with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, onion, lime juice, hot sauce and salt to taste. Cover with plastic wrap touching dip; refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
Cut a half inch from top of bread and an inch from bottom. Scoop out most of soft interior, leaving 1/2 -inch-thick sides.
Arrange pretzels and peppers to resemble logs and flames on a platter. Fill bread with dip; place on top. Serve immediately.