Cathy's Scotch Eggs
Protein-rich, Scotch eggs are perfect breakfast or any time of the day.
Yield: Serves 8
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Optional: mustard
- Combine sausage and herbs; mix well. Divide into 8 patties.
- Cover each hard-boiled egg with a sausage patty, pressing to cover and seal.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Roll eggs in flour mixture, then in beaten eggs and bread crumbs.
- Heat one inch of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook eggs, a few at a time, in hot oil for 10 minutes, or until golden on all sides.
- Drain; chill in refrigerator. Slice into halves or quarters.
- Serve chilled with mustard, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note