- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir well. Cut in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle buttermilk evenly over flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead 10 to 12 times.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls, and press with knuckles. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter, and continue baking an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This