- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish fillets, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp and browned; drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside, reserving drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- Cut 1/4 pound fish into 1/2-inch squares, and add to sautéed onion. Stir in tomatoes, potatoes, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, and hot sauce. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Cut remaining fish into 1 1/2- inch pieces. Add to stew mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Stir in reserved bacon. Spoon into serving bowls, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note