Catfish Poppers With Spicy Dipping Sauce
More From Southern Living
Fry: 6 Minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients; whisk together egg and milk. Dredge catfish pieces in flour mixture, and dip in egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet; heat to 375°. Fry catfish pieces, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Spicy Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This