I was really excited to try this recipe because it looks delicious. I was disappointing. I also had my boyfriend try it and he usually likes these type of things (fish with seasonings this way) and he was not happy with it either. The cornmeal and Cajun seasoning were kind of gross. The coleslaw was okay. I made the recipe exactly as the instructions say. I threw the leftovers away. I rarely write bad reviews but my personal feeling is I would not make this again.
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Purchase pre-made catfish nuggets to shorten the prep time for this fast recipe even further. Serve with a side of sweet potato chips.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 442
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 818mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 cups bagged broccoli coleslaw
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) hoagie rolls with sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine milk and catfish in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat. Remove fish from bowl; shake off excess milk. Sprinkle fish with salt. Combine cornmeal and Cajun seasoning in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish cooks, combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (vinegar through pepper) in a medium bowl. Add broccoli coleslaw; toss well to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup slaw mixture onto bottom half of each roll. Arrange fish evenly over each serving, and top with top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches