- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 ounces farm-raised catfish, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 166
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 17.2 g
- carbohydrate 9.3 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 395 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine egg white and water in a small bowl; beat well with a wire whisk. Combine breadcrumbs and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip fish pieces into egg white mixture, letting excess drip off. Roll fish pieces in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat fish with cooking spray. Drizzle evenly with margarine. Bake at 450° for 12 to 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients; stir mixture well. Serve fish with tartar sauce and, if desired, lemon wedges.