- 8 catfish fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium carrots, scraped, thinly sliced, and parboiled
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Lemon slices
- Fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry.
Place fish in a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; add water to cover. Add next 8 ingredients, and dot with 1/4 cup butter.
Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Drain fish and vegetables; reserve pan liquid for Mushroom Cream Sauce. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Prepare Mushroom Cream Sauce, and pour over fish and vegetables in baking dish; broil 4 inches from heating element 5 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley sprigs. Serve immediately.