this is excellent... lots of garlic soup out there but this is great stuff....
Castilian Garlic soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- ground cumin
- crumbled saffron threads
- chicken broth
- serrano ham/prosciutto
- gnd black pepper
- smoked paprika
- 6 garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs after
- To prepare soup, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 4 crushed garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute.
- Add ham and 1 teaspoon paprika; sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in cumin, pepper, saffron, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare the croutons, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and 1 crushed garlic clove in a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, tossing to coat. Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until toasted.
- Sprinkle bread cubes with 1/2 teaspoon paprika; toss well.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°.
- Break 1 egg into each of 4 ovenproof bowls. Divide the broth mixture evenly among bowls. Place bowls on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set. Top each serving with croutons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Paynejr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Castilian Garlic soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews