This recipe goes with Barbecued Oysters 3 Ways
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup, enough to top about 24 oysters
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 55
- Calories from fat: 78%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup room-temperature unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked Spanish paprika (pimentón dulce; find at gourmet grocery stores) or regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1. In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning as necessary, until browned but not completely crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; when cool, finely chop.
- 2. In a bowl, mix chopped bacon with butter, 3 tbsp. minced shallots, 2 tsp. paprika, and thyme. Spoon across a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up into a 1 1/2-in.-thick log. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 week. With a sharp knife, cut into slices about 1/4 in. thick to top oysters.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per oyster with 1 1/2 tsp. topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note