Cashew Romesco Chicken Thighs
Made with cashews, this romesco, given to us by Josh Drage, chef at the Ranch at Rock Creek in Philipsburg, Montana, has a silkier texture and sweeter flavor than the classic sauce made with almonds. He brushes it onto grilled chicken, but it would also be good swirled into a creamy soup.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 79%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- 1 jar (16 oz.) roasted red bell peppers, drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 chicken thighs (3 lbs. total)
- Couscous cooked with herbs (optional)
- 1. Heat a grill to medium (350° to 450°). Whirl peppers, cashews, vinegar, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt in a blender. With motor running, add 1/3 cup oil in a steady stream through opening in lid until sauce is smooth and lighter in color. Set aside half the sauce.
- 2. Put chicken in a bowl and drizzle with remaining oil. Lay chicken skin side down on cooking grate and brush with some of remaining romesco sauce. Grill, turning often and brushing each time with more sauce, until chicken is well browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve over couscous with reserved sauce on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note