Made to recipe as part of CL's coconut curry halibut dinner, subbing a mix of hot red & green peppers for the serrano. Very good, nice change-up.
Photo: Jason Wallis; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
Cashew Rice is an easy side that delivers lots of flavor with added kick.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Sodium: 204mg
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Place uncooked sushi rice in a fine-mesh sieve. Rinse under cold water, stirring rice until water runs clear (about 30 seconds). Combine rice, water, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Uncover and fluff rice. Stir in cashews, green onions, cilantro, serrano pepper, and vinegar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note