I made some alterations to the recipe...I substituted almonds for the cashews and bumped up the bread crumbs to 1/4C, used long grain brown rice. Made the chicken in a lightly greased pan, and it was outstanding! Tasty crust, great tasting rice. Served it with steamed broccoli. Easy recipe, fast prep. I'd make it again anytime.
Cashew-Crusted Chicken on Basil-Pineapple Rice
Serve with steamed broccoli or snap peas.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3/4 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 50.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons garlic-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag precooked long-grain rice (such as Success)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place nuts and breadcrumbs in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until the crumbs measure 2/3 cup. Pour nut mixture into a shallow dish. Brush chicken with egg white; dredge chicken in nut mixture. Spread the pineapple in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange chicken over pineapple, and bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until chicken is done, turning after 7 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rice according to package directions. Remove chicken from dish. Stir rice, basil, and salt into pineapple. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note