Pretty tasty, though I added 2tbsp Sesame oil when I added the vegetables for taste. Would definitely cook again.
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 3 to 4 chicken breast halves, cubed (about 1 1/2 pounds)*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet green peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Combine 1/2 cup broth, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add chicken; stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add 1 cup broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup broth, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add to chicken mixture; stir-fry 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice; sprinkle with cashews.
- *1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips, may be substituted for chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note