More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 6.1g
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Cooking-oil spray
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup finely chopped dried Mission figs
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- Finely shredded zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Line a 9- by 13-in. pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang on the 9-in. sides, and coat with cooking-oil spray. In a large bowl, stir together oats, oat bran, flax seeds, flour, baking powder, salt, peanuts, and figs until well blended.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cashew butter, milk, egg, honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well blended.
- 3. Add flour mixture to cashew butter mixture and beat until completely blended. Scrape dough into pan and, with wet fingers or a rubber spatula, pat to fill pan completely and evenly (dough is sticky, so you may need to wash your hands a few times). Chill dough until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300°. Invert pan onto a work surface, lift off pan, and peel off plastic. Using a bench scraper or knife, cut straight down lengthwise through middle, then crosswise to make 16 bars, each 1 1/2 in. wide. Place bars about 1 in. apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- 5. Bake bars until lightly browned and somewhat firm to touch, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Make ahead: Store airtight up to 2 weeks or freeze.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch