Casa neustra pot roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 clove(s) Garlic Cut into slivers
- 1 3-4 lb rump or chuck roast
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Several tbs. olive oil
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 4 carrots Peeled and chopped
- 4 Potatoes Peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk(s) Celery Chopped
- 1 cup(s) Tinto st Helena or other red wine
- 1/2 -1 cup beef stock
- Insert garlic slivers around roast. Crumble bay leaf and mix with salt and pepper. Coat roast with salt and bay mixture.
- Pour enough olive oil to coverdutch oven. Heat over medium high heat. Brown roast on all sides, taking your time to make sure roast is nicely browned. Remove roast to a plate. Add vegetables to the pot ANC cook until they begin to brown - about 10 minutes. Add wine and cook until the wine becomes thickand is mostly absorbed by vegetables, scraping bottom of pot as you go. Add 1/2 stock or water and return roast tote pan. Turn the heat down to low.
- Turn meat every 15 minutes and cook until tender. Add more stock if roast appears to be drying out - although too much moisture loss is a sign heat is too high. The meat is done when a fork pierces the roast without pushing too hard. The juices should run clear.
- Remove the meat from the pot and keep warm. Turn the heat to high and reduce the remaining liquid until itis thick and almost evaporated, stirring the bottom of the pot. Serve the meat with the pan juices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lkscot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Casa neustra pot roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes