These were a hit with our dinner guests, including young children. I roasted the carrots (I used real baby carrots rahter than the ones in the bag) with a small amount of lemon-infused olive oil, salt and pepper, rather than steaming them. After drizzling them with the lemon butter, they glistened on the plate, and the lemon zest really perked up the flavor. A great way to serve cooked carrots to those who normally don't like them cooked.
Carrots with Lemon-Chive Butter
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds baby-cut carrots
- In a bowl, combine butter, lemon zest and juice, chives, sugar, salt and pepper, and mix well with a rubber spatula or hand mixer on low speed.
- Place carrots in a large pot and just cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to pan. Add butter mixture and toss until butter melts and carrots are evenly coated. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables