This was okay. The carrots were way overdone. If I make it again, I'll cook the carrots separately, then I'll warm them up in the glaze. There are a lot of glazed recipes out there that are just as good.
Carrots with Country Bacon
These carrots are given a drool-worthy makeover with the addition of country bacon, fresh thyme, and light brown sugar.
More From Oxmoor House
- 4 thick bacon slices
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced into 1
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Add carrots and next 3 ingredients to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 30 to 35 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a glaze and carrots are tender. Sprinkle with thyme and reserved bacon.
- Make Ahead: Peel and slice carrots up to a day ahead. Store in a zip-top plastic bag in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note