I love this recipe. It was easy to make and everyone raved about it. It is definitely my new favorite carrot recipe.
Carrots with Country Bacon
Country bacon in this recipe refers to thick-sliced or wood-smoked bacon.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 4 thick bacon slices
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced into 1
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Add carrots and next 3 ingredients to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 30 to 35 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a glaze and carrots are tender. Sprinkle with thyme and reserved bacon.
- Make Ahead: Peel and slice carrots up to a day ahead. Store in a zip-top plastic bag in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables