Carrots in Horseradish Sauce
These zesty carrots are a perfect match for slices of lean roast beef and a tossed green salad.
Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 cups scraped and sliced carrot
- 2 1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Dash of salt
- Arrange carrot in a vegetable steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine flour and 2 tablespoons skim milk, stirring until smooth. Combine flour mixture, remaining 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, milk powder, and margarine in a small saucepan, stirring well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in horseradish, mustard, and salt. Combine carrot and horseradish mixture; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables