Photo: Thomas J. Story
To make this recipe, Lucy Leahy, from Oakland, uses a high-quality juicer and her home-grown carrots. The drink is also delicious--and a bit faster--when made with fresh bottled carrot juice.
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender blossoms, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup potato vodka such as Blue Ice
- 1. Put lavender blossoms, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until very warm, then stir to dissolve sugar. Let sit at least 20 minutes but no more than 1 hour, then strain syrup.
- 2. Pour 1/4 cup syrup, carrot juice, and vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well to blend, then strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish glasses with lavender sprigs. Chill remaining syrup to use another time.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages