I thought these were delicious and great for breakfast. Didn't put any frosting on them and better the next day. I put them in cupcake papers and they did stick so I would recommend following the recipe and spray the pans and pour batter right into tins. Even my husband likes them and that's one of the best recommendations you can get!
Yield: Makes 1 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, orange juice, and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in carrot and zucchini. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
- NOTE: Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. To reheat wrap each muffin in a damp paper towel; microwave on HIGH 40 seconds or until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads