I thought these were delicious and great for breakfast. Didn't put any frosting on them and better the next day. I put them in cupcake papers and they did stick so I would recommend following the recipe and spray the pans and pour batter right into tins. Even my husband likes them and that's one of the best recommendations you can get!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, orange juice, and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in carrot and zucchini. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
- NOTE: Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. To reheat wrap each muffin in a damp paper towel; microwave on HIGH 40 seconds or until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads