Carrot and Turnip Slaw With Dill
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 8 ounces white turnips, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss until thoroughly combined.
- 2. Whisk together vinegar and next 6 ingredients. Pour dressing over vegetables, and toss until slaw is evenly coated. Cover and chill 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- 3. Toss slaw just before serving; season with additional kosher salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Reprinted from The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern by Matt Lee and Ted Lee. Copyright 2009 by Matt Lee and Ted Lee. Published by Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House, Inc.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads