- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 8 ounces white turnips, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss until thoroughly combined.
Whisk together vinegar and next 6 ingredients. Pour dressing over vegetables, and toss until slaw is evenly coated. Cover and chill 1 hour or up to 2 days.
Toss slaw just before serving; season with additional kosher salt and black pepper, if desired.
Reprinted from The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern by Matt Lee and Ted Lee. Copyright 2009 by Matt Lee and Ted Lee. Published by Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House, Inc.