- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots (1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in 2-inch chunks (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges (about 14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remaining ingredient:
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 144
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 25.7 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 763 mg
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
To prepare relish, combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare soup, combine carrots, sweet potato, and onion on a jelly-roll pan; drizzle with oil. Toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and just beginning to brown, stirring after 15 minutes.
Place vegetables, broth, and ginger in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Place half of vegetable mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl; repeat procedure with remaining vegetable mixture. Stir in salt and pepper. Ladle 1 cup soup into each of 4 bowls. Stir parsley into relish. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon relish mixture.