Carrot-Sweet Potato Puree
This recipe requires no stove-top cooking; it's all done in the microwave. Our calorie, fat, and cholesterol savings came from using light butter (and less of it) instead of butter, and light sour cream instead of regular.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light butter or light margarine
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Microwave carrots and 3/4 cup water in a glass bowl at HIGH 8 to 12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Process carrots and butter in a food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add sweet potatoes; process until smooth.
- Stir together sweet potato mixture, container of light sour cream, and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart glass dish. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: To prepare ahead, cover and chill up to 2 days, if desired; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Microwave as directed.
- Original recipe: Calories 363 (37% from fat); Fat 15g (sat 10g); Chol: 52mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note