Carrot-Sweet Potato Puree
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light butter or light margarine
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Microwave carrots and 3/4 cup water in a glass bowl at HIGH 8 to 12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Process carrots and butter in a food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add sweet potatoes; process until smooth.
- Stir together sweet potato mixture, container of light sour cream, and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart glass dish. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: To prepare ahead, cover and chill up to 2 days, if desired; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Microwave as directed.
- Original recipe: Calories 363 (37% from fat); Fat 15g (sat 10g); Chol: 52mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables