- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light butter or light margarine
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- calories 285
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 54 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 19 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 232 mg
- calcium 95 mg
How to Make It
Microwave carrots and 3/4 cup water in a glass bowl at HIGH 8 to 12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
Process carrots and butter in a food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add sweet potatoes; process until smooth.
Stir together sweet potato mixture, container of light sour cream, and remaining ingredients.
Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart glass dish. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Note: To prepare ahead, cover and chill up to 2 days, if desired; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Microwave as directed.
Original recipe: Calories 363 (37% from fat); Fat 15g (sat 10g); Chol: 52mg.