Carrot Soup with Tomatillo Relish
NOTES: The tomatillo relish can be made up to 2 days ahead; cover and chill. The carrot soup can be made up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Reheat over medium heat, stirring often. PREP AND COOK TIME: About 1 1/2 hours.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sodium: 126mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled carrots (about 10; 1 3/4 lb. total)
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes (12 oz. total), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 quarts fat-skimmed low-sodium chicken broth
- Roasted tomatillo relish
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, stir onions often in olive oil until limp, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in carrots and potatoes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and carrots are tender when pierced, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Working in small batches, transfer soup to a blender or food processor and whirl until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- 4. Return the soup to the pan and stir often over medium heat until hot. Add salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a dollop of roasted tomatillo relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews