I love this soup, it is quick, easy and deliciious! Great served with crusty bread
Carrot Soup with Orange and Tarragon
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 cup(s) low salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) brandy or sherry
- 3 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot and onion; saute until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, uncover, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes (can be additional 10 min depending on your carrot size).
- Using immersion blender, or regular blender(work in batches), puree until very smooth. Stir in orange juice, liquor, and chopped tarragon. Simmer 5 additional minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- **Fresh tarragon is a must! NO DRIED!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note