This elegant carrot soup, from The Carnegie Treasures Cookbook, adds a brilliant splash of color to a meal!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) onions chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 6 cup(s) carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 cup(s) orange juice
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 cup(s) light cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add onions and celery and cook until tender. Add carrots and saute for 10 minutes. Add the orange juice and stock. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes (or until carrots are tender). Puree using an immersion blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients and heat through, but do not boil. May be served hot or cold.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JFrink and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note